Ingredients of Thai Sour Soup menu (Tom-Klong) menu
- 250 grams dried fish or fresh shrimp
- 3 cups water
- 6 shallots
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 cup young tamarind flowers or leaves
- 5 hot chilies or 1 dried chili roasted until fragrant
Preparation of Thai Sour Soup menu (Tom-Klong) menu
- Wash fish, roast until fragrant, and cut into small slices.
- Bring water to a boil, then add crushed shallots and fish. boil until fish is tender, skimming off froth.
- Add tamarind flowers and season with tamarind or lemon juice and salt or fish sauce to obtain a sour and salty taste.
- Add Chilies and serve hot.
- if shrimp is used, remove shell and vein, boil a short time, them proceed as above.