|Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut menu.|
how to make Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut menu with pictures. Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut recipes easy step to cooking. how to cook easy Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut menu in Bangkok, Thailand.
Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut is one popular menu in Thailand. It same Khao-Mun-Kai but has something different a bit , that is Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut use the curry and coconut but for Khao-Mun-Kai menu is not. This menu is not spicy but the taste same as yellow curry soup.
Ingredients for spice mixture
- 1 tsp. roasted coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp. roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. powdered tumeric
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. powdered cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. crushed chilies
- 1 tbsp. salt
Other Ingredients of Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut
- 400 grams of rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 kg chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup milk 1 tsp. vinegar added
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 10 sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 4 potatoes
- 4 tbsp. saffron water
Preparation of Thai Chicken Rice Curry With Coconut
- Place spice mixture ingredients in a mortar and pound until ground and mixed thoroughly.
- Wash the rice, add water and salt and cook without pouring off water. When half done, remove from heat.
- Heat some of the oil in frying pan and brown the sliced shallots.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces. Marinate 1 hour in sour milk, chopped ginger and garlic, then fry until golden brown in oil used for browning shallots.
- Peel potatoes, cut lengthwise into long pieces about 1/2 inch cross, and fry.
- Fry the rice in the remaining oil and then dip into a pot. Arrange fried chicken and potato on the rice and sprinkle with saffron water and fried shallots. Cover pot and cook over low heat until rice is done.
- Serve with cucumber, pickled ginger and a sauce made bu dissolving 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tbsp. sugar in 1/4 cup vinegar.