Ingredients of Thai Sour Fresh Mackerel Soup menu (Tom-Som-Pla-Two).
- 6 fresh mackerel
- 1 tbsp. sliced coriander root
- 8 pepper corns
- 6 shallots
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp. shredded young ginger, washed in salt water
- 5 tbsp. palm sugar
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 5 spring onions, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 4 coriander plants
- 3 cups water
Preparation of Thai Sour Fresh Mackerel Soup menu (Tom-Som-Pla-Two).
- Wash mackerel, gut, remove head and tail, and wash all slime off.
- Pound together coriander root, pepper, shallots, and shrimp paste until well blended, mix with 3 cups water in a pot , and heat. Add tamarind juice, palm sugar, and fish sauce. When boiling, add mackerel and shredded ginger.
- When fish are don, add spring onion, stir, and remove from heat.
- Dip into serving bowl, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve hot.
- If you used the other fish such as serpenthead and climbing perch, as well as chicken may be used.