How to cook Rice Topped with Hot fried Squids menu. This Thai menu is Rice Topped with Hot fried Squids (Pad Phed pla muek lad khao).It is one dish menu and should be eat for lunch or dinning time because this menu is so spicy.
Ingredients of Thai Rice Topped with Hot fried Squids menu
- 600g cooked rice 300g fresh squids
- 5 fresh red chillies
- 50g cloves garlic
- 25 g peeled onions, sweet basil leaves
- Cucumbers fish sauce, sugar ,seasoning sauce, vegetable oil
Preparation of Thai Rice Topped with Hot fried Squids menu
- remove the skin of the squids. Rinse well, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a mortar, finely pound together the red chillies and garlic. Cut lengthwise the onions into fine strips. Wash the sweet basil leaves well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat until it begins to vapourize. Stir- fry the pounded mixture to golden. Put in the squids and stir-frying to briefly-cooked. Add the onions. Season to taste with the fish sauce, sugar and seasoning sauce. Put in the sweet basil leaves, tossing together. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange the cooked rice on individual serving plates. Spoon the hot fried squids on the top. Eat with the cucumber wedges and fish sauce mixed with sliced small hot chilles.